St. Stephen the Martyr School is united in Christ to ignite the joy of faith, community, and learning.
The philosophy of Catholic education takes into consideration the total personality of the student in the imparting of knowledge. There is unity of purpose springing from the students oneness. The school is responsible for contributing to the total development of each student in terms of his origin, nature, and destiny. St Stephen the Martyr School exists as a unit of the Mystical Body of Christ and as an institution of society. As such, its function is two-fold. First, it strives always to help the student grow in Christian love of God and all creatures, and secondly, it helps students in their search to find their full human potential. In order to obtain these goals we will:
- Encourage a love and devotion to God by means of frequent use of the Sacraments and other liturgical services.
- Promote the Christian view of all persons as children of God and thus worthy of our love, respect and help.
- Assert the necessity of proper use and care of all God’s creatures.
- Promote honesty to oneself and peers.
- Maximize individual development.
- Achieve proficiency in basic skills.
- Develop intellectual capacities to think, solve problems, and synthesize information.
- Promote an understanding of the role and importance of a moral citizen.
HOME AND SCHOOL
All parents and teachers are encouraged to join the Home and School Association and attend our bi-monthly meetings. Come check out all of the great things we do for our students, our teachers, and our school!
The Martyr Messenger is the newsletter for the St. Stephen the Martyr school. It provides valuable information such as dates to remember, articles, lunch menus, student recognitions, and so much more.
At the Archdiocese of Omaha, we want the best for our children. That’s why Archbishop Lucas requires all of our priests, deacons, staff and volunteers attend our Safe Environment training – a program designed to help them become even more aware and responsible leaders while fostering a secure, joy-filled atmosphere for our children.
Sun: 7:30am, 9:00am, 10:30am, Noon, 6:00pm
Mon-Fri: 6:30am, 8:15am
Reconciliation / Confession
Sat: 3:30pm - 4:45pm
Thurs: 5:30pm-6:30pm or by apt.
Parish Office: (402) 896-9675
School Office: (402) 896-0754
Rel.Ed Office: (402) 896-5683
Youth Ministry: (402) 861-4509
Kidzone: (402) 896-4316
16701 "S" Street,
Omaha, NE 68135