Dates coming soon.
The mission of the St. Stephen the Martyr Religious Education program is to build a foundation of faith, in partnership with parents, from which our children and families will grow in their knowledge of God and the Roman Catholic Church.
- Message/Word: guiding families toward a deeper personal understanding of our Catholic faith by teaching Jesus’ message of love through Scripture, Tradition and History of the Catholic Church.
- Worship/Prayer: assisting families with spiritual development and prayer by providing a variety of communal prayer and worship experiences that involve people in the sacramental life of the church.
- Family: creating a partnership where all family members feel comfortable sharing their time, talents, and faith.
- Community: nurturing meaningful relationships between families, the parish, and the public and encouraging everyone to take responsibility as leaders in parish and community-wide programs.
- Service and Justice: empowering families to work for social justice by addressing human suffering, serving those in need, pursuing peace, and defending the life and dignity of all people.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
St. Stephen’s offers religious education for children 3 years old through high school. We also have multi-age classes for our students with special needs.
Students in grades 1-8 attend class on Tuesday evenings at 4:15 or 5:30 pm, or on Wednesdays 4, 5:30 or 7 pm. Sunday School classes for children 3 years old through kindergarten are held during the 9 am and 10:30 am Sunday Masses. (Students must be 3 years old by Aug. 1, 2017 to register for the Introductory level of Sunday School. Kindergarten students can attend classes on either Sunday mornings, or Tuesdays at 4:15 pm and 5:30 pm or Wednesday at 4 and 5:30 pm.
Edge, our Middle School Youth Ministry group, meets on Tuesday evenings from 6:30- 8 pm. The youth share pizza, fun and continue learning about their faith. If you have a student in grades 6-8, you might consider registering them for the Tuesday at 5:30 pm session so they can go to Youth Group right after R.E. classes. Edge is Life Teen for Middle School students, so it is an active, group-centered, hands-on learning environment that supports what they are learning in R.E.
Life Teen for Gr. 9-12 St. Stephen’s has a vibrant, dynamic Life Teen group that gives our youth even more avenues to build their faith and become involved in our parish community. High school youth meet in the Gonderinger Parish Center from 7- 8:45 pm on Sundays. For more information on Life Teen and other formation and service activities for teens, please visit our Youth Ministry page.
St. Stephen’s sacrament preparation programs are 2 years. Preparation for First Communion and Reconciliation begins in first grade and the sacraments are received in the second grade. Preparation for Confirmation begins in seventh grade and students are confirmed in the eighth grade. Confirmation candidates participate in retreats and stewardship (service) activities in both seventh and eighth grades.
Sacramental Preparation Fees: First Communion- Gr. 2: $50; Confirmation- paid in Gr. 7: $50
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
Are you looking for a way to keep your child’s flame burning over the summer? We blend fun with biblical teachings to keep your child engaged with their Catholic faith.
Mon-Fri: 6:30am, 12:05pm
Sat: 8:00am, 5:00pm
Sun: 7:30am, 9:00am, 10:30am, Noon, 6:00pm
Reconciliation / Confession
Tues: 5:30pm-6:30pm or by apt.
Sat: 3:30pm - 4:45pm
Parish Office: (402) 896-9675
School Office: (402) 896-0754
Rel.Ed Office: (402) 896-5683
Youth Ministry: (402) 861-4509
Kidzone: (402) 896-4316
16701 "S" Street,
Omaha, NE 68135