St. Stephen the Martyr Pastoral Council
August 28, 2018
The regularly scheduled meeting of the Pastoral Council of Saint Stephen the Martyr (“Council”) was held on August 28, 2018, at 7:10 PM, Central Daylight Time, in the Gonderinger Parish Center.
I. Call to Order
President Dean Baumert called the meeting to order. Hope DeLuca, Secretary, recorded minutes of the meeting.
II. Roll Call
The following members of the Council were present:
- Father Dave Belt
- Father Padraic Stack
- Kyle Loecker
- Dean Baumert
- Hope DeLuca
- Mike Maier
- Trinette Shamburg
- Donna Titman
- Jerry Venner
- Michael White
- Nancy Williams
The following members of the Council were absent:
- Katie Corrigan
III. Opening Prayer
Mrs. DeLuca led the Council in a prayer to open the meeting.
IV. Approval of Minutes
Mr. Baumert presented to the Council the minutes of the July 24, 2018 meeting of the Council, whereupon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously adopted with two minor changes.
Our seminarian for the year, Mr. Kyle Loecker, was welcomed to the Council. Introductions were made.
VI. Unfinished/Ongoing Business
- Vision statements were written.
- One, three and five year goals will be written for each of the 7 pillars. We will go over them at the next Pastoral Vision Planning Meeting. In writing goals, we will want to maximize our strengths. There will be areas that we’ll need to strengthen and support.
- Action steps for each goal will come after that meeting.
VII. Father Belt’s Report
- The school is up and running. Enrollment has stabilized. We have around 94 or 96 new students in our school this year. We have new families looking to come to our school. We are continuing to grow.
- The school is working on a student ambassador program, lead by middle school kids. Father would also like to have a house system in place in the school in the next few years.
- RE is larger than it was a year ago. We have a number of families from St. Charles Borromeo attending.
Evangelization and Catechesis
- Mrs. Cathy Ashton is up and running in her new role. She’s been meeting with facilitators of past programs. She has also been working with Sister Clarice Faltus on the Welcome process at St. Stephen the Martyr.
Director of Communication
- We have 15 applications in so far for the Director of Communication position. We have many great applicants so far. This is very exciting.
- Father Belt is looking at doing a retreat for department heads this fall. He’d like to work on true collaboration; working on supporting our staff and working together.
- Father is hoping to do a faculty retreat this fall as well.
New Logo Rollout
- Father Belt is meeting with Dan and Hope DeLuca this week to discuss the rollout of the new parish logo. We’re ready to start moving forward with it.
VIII. New Business
Process for Obtaining and Reviewing Reports
- How do we eliminate multiple people going to the same staff person for questions?
- Father suggested meeting in a sub-set and drafting a plan for this issue going forward.
IX. Article Discussion
- Mrs. Williams led a discussion on the document, “Disciples Called to Witness: The New Evangelization”.
Being no other business, the Council closed the meeting with the Prayer for Vocations. The meeting was adjourned at 8:52 pm.