Click the link above to listen to the Archbishop’s fireside chat regarding his letter read at all of the masses last weekend which is the link below:
We have a seminarian staying with us.
“What’s up?! My name is Kyle Loecker, and I am the new seminarian who will be spending a year with you all at St. Stephen the Martyr! A little bit about me. My hometown is O’Neill, NE which is where my parents work at the hospital. I have one older brother named Luke who is studying to be a chiropractor. In 2013, I graduated from St. Mary’s Catholic High School and entered the seminary the same year. I joined seminary because the love of Jesus captivated me and holiness is actually a lot of fun! After four years studying philosophy at St. John Vianney Seminary in St. Paul, MN, I spent last year studying theology at Kenrick-Glennon Seminary in St. Louis, MO. That means I have four years total until I become a priest. Some of the things I enjoy doing are cooking, traveling, playing sports, hunting, fishing, camping, and learning new languages. This summer, I got to spend seven weeks learning Spanish in Guatemala (along with climbing a volcano!). My favorite saints are St. Raymond Nonnatus and St. John Paul II. There’s a lot more I look forward to sharing, and I’m excited to learn your stories!
Director of Communication
Saint Stephen the Martyr Catholic Church is seeking a full-time Director of Communication. The Director of Communication is responsible for developing and overseeing a comprehensive, clear, and consistent communication strategy to articulate and advance the mission of Saint Stephen the Martyr Parish. The Director will work closely with the staff and lay leadership to support and enhance communication among the areas of ministry, in the parish, and in the community. The ideal candidate is a thoughtful leader, strategic thinker, experienced writer, creative problem-solver, and valuable team member. They have excellent skills in preparing all written publications and in developing and maintaining websites and a digital presence.
- Practicing Catholic with a servant mentality; has the ability to engage all parishioners, staff, and those seeking Christ with a spirit of faith, hope, and charity
- Highly collaborative style; ability to develop and maintain healthy working relationships with staff members, members of the parish, and members of the community
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Degree in communications or a closely-related field and/or successful experience in a similar field
- Effective skills with computer and internet-based technologies
Send a cover letter stating your interest and qualifications for the position, a current resume, and 2 or 3 references including names and contact information to Father David Belt at email@example.com, or to 16701 S Street, Omaha, NE 68135. Applications will be accepted until September 4.